Is Sen. Paul right urging Americans to ‘resist’ new COVID mandates?
- On Sunday, August 8, 2021, Senator Rand Paul posted a video on Twitter saying, “It’s time for us to resist […] We don’t have to accept the mandates, lockdowns, and harmful policies of the petty tyrants and bureaucrats. We can simply say no again […] We will make our own choices. No one should follow the CDC’s anti-science mask mandates.”
- The Centers for Disease and Control (CDC) announced new guidelines on July 28, 2021 for vaccinated people as the Delta variant spreads. It is recommended to wear a mask in public indoor areas with high transmission rates, to get tested if experiencing symptoms, and follow regular protocols following exposure.
- As of Monday, August 9, 2021, half (50.1%) of the United States population have been vaccinated with 58.7% having at least one dose. Nearly 30 million people have recovered from COVID and have therefore acquired natural immunity/antibodies.
- As of Tuesday, August 10, 2021, the US has had 36.7 million COVID cases, resulting in 633,799 deaths and 29.9 million recovered.
- The Delta variant of COVID-19 first arose in India at the end of 2020, and has recently spread to countries across the globe. The current variant is reported to have a shorter incubation period of four days rather than six days with a higher number of viruses making it much more aggressive than the original virus.
Sen. Paul is correct to urge Americans to stand united against additional COVID mandates. If the vaccine and masks work as touted (against a virus that 99.8% of Americans have survived), there should be no reason for additional mandates or lockdowns (and those who wish to can either opt to wear a mask, remain home, or receive the vaccine). Moreover, there should be no reason to fear those who have decided for personal reasons not to participate as part of the experimental group of this non-FDA-approved vaccine rollout.
COVID deaths peaked six months ago—yesterday's death count was down significantly from the February 2021 peak. There is no justification for restricting Americans' rights and freedoms. Adding insult to injury, Anthony Fauci's revealed emails dismiss the efficacy of masks to combat COVID: 'The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through the material.'
Further evidence of the government's mishandling of COVID is that it failed to inform us that not everyone is at equal risk of harm from COVID (despite overwhelming evidence supporting that conclusion). Children have virtually no risk from COVID even if they test positive for it. Children's immune systems have a 99.97% to 100% chance of keeping them safe from COVID. The disruption has tragically harmed children to their schooling and the inability to interact with their peers by the unscientific mask mandates and social distancing guidelines. What's more, suicides/suicide attempts for children and young adults spiked from 2020-2021. Sen. Paul is right to declare that enough is enough; the CDC and the Biden administration's mandates must be resisted as the only hope to put an end to this 'pandemic' madness.
Kentucky Senator Rand Paul's comments surrounding the nation's pandemic protocols were unwarranted and fallacious. While a high-profile senator like Paul may receive some extra protection from the law, the citizens he is urging to break protocol will certainly not. By insisting that 'they can't arrest all of us,' Paul is promoting rule-breaking for political gain, spreading divisiveness and alarmism.
Several credited studies prove that masks are indeed effective in preventing the spread of the virus. Paul referred to the CDC's mask mandates as being 'anti-science.' A 2020 peer-reviewed study by Extreme Mechanics Letters determined that multi-layered fabric blocks droplets at a 94% efficiency rate. A study that drew data from two Georgia school districts determined that the district that did not enforce masks contracted the virus at a rate of 37% higher. The policies are designed to allow us to return to the 'normal' Paul, and all of us yearn for; this is just not the time to do so.
The new Delta variant is sending an average of 216 children to the hospital on a daily basis. Paul's criticism of schools taking preventive measures before opening is misguided and irresponsible. From July 15 to July 29, the number of children testing positive for COVID shot up by 19%. While there may have previously been a notion that children were not susceptible to COVID, this is appearing to be inaccurate. By urging America to resist new COVID mandates, Paul is harmfully indoctrinating America and its youth.
0 / 1000